ANNE DODSON'S HOME PAGE
- In the spring of 2015, GWI (our internet service provider and host to these web pages) decided to stop hosting
web pages and after sending us only one notice of this by email, which we never saw, they deleted all their hosted sites,
including ours. It was a while before we discovered the site was missing, but eventually we got back on line at our
new domain, "annedodson.com" - if you're reading this, of course, you've found us and you already know about the
change! Apologies to anyone who went looking at the old "midcoast.com" URL…
- We accept PayPal. You can
pay using your PayPal account, or you can pay, securely, by Credit Card without a PayPal account!
- Beech Hill Music reminds you that Anne's first solo recording, "Tranquility Grange", is available on CD.
Tranquility Grange came out in 1986 as an LP and later as a cassette, both of which are (mostly) out of
print. Not available as a download (yet! maybe one of these days), we're producing a limited number of
CDs here at home. They're only available here!
Anne Dodson has brought her own special blend of traditional, contemporary and original folk
music to audiences throughout the U.S., Canada, Russia and Great Britain for the past 23 years.
Accompanying herself on guitar and mountain dulcimer, singing a cappella and playing penny
whistle, she creates an atmosphere of living room ease, whether she's playing for 4 or 4,000!
Originally from New Hampshire, Anne started playing folk music at an early age, along
with her brother, David Dodson (who has also become a fine song writer and performer!). After a few
years "in retirement", Anne decided to make a career of performance in her 20's. For 5 years she
worked with the highly acclaimed trio "County Down", until 1982, and then moved on to the 5
member band "Different Shoes" who performed together for 10 years.
Most recently, she does solo work or is joined by Matt Szostak, who adds a second voice,
some additional fancy cittern and guitar work, and even the occasional hurdy-gurdy! (he builds them
too!) Anne also works with children of any age, in school and library workshops and/or
residencies. Her first 2 solo albums, Tranquility Grange and In Its Own Sweet Time are followed
by From Where I Sit in 1994 and Almost Grown, her first recording for kids and their families, in
1995. Her fifth solo album, "Against the Moon" is now available; go the "recordings" page for
Anne has shared the stage with such notables as Gordon Bok (with whom she records and often
performs), Pete Seeger, Tom Paxton, and has also recorded and done an occasional concert with
Noel Paul Stookey ("Peter, Paul & Mary")
Anne Dodson has been working with Matt Szostak since 1992. They met while sailing in
Penobscot Bay in the summer of 1990 and have shared home and travel since later that year.
Together they play a combination of old and new songs, do some joint writing and generally have
a wonderful time bringing their music to audiences around the country. They live on the coast of
Anne is currently not touring. Please see Itinerary and Update.
…just a few places you may have heard Anne…
- BBC radio "Traveling Folk" with Archie Fisher, Glasgow, Scotland
- Radio Highlands, Inverness
- Heartland Radio, Pitlochry, Scotland
- An Lanntier, Stornaway, Isle of Lewis
- An Turin, Portree, Isle of Skye
- Concerts in Archangel, Russia
- Opening for Livingston Taylor, Lebanon NH
- Ten Pound Fiddle, Lansing MI
- Hogeye Concert Series, Evanston IL
- The Folk Collective, St Paul MN
- KSJN, The Morning Show, St Paul MN
- WAMU, with Lee Michael Dempsey,WashDC
- So. Florida Folk Festival, Ft. Lauderdale FL
- Instructor, Pine Woods Camp, Plymouth MA
- Girvan Festival, Girvan Scotland
- Folklore Society of Greater Washington DC
- Fiddle & Bow Society, Winston-Salem NC
- Rural Route #3, nationally syndicated "live-on-tape" radio, Macomb IL
- Old Songs Festival, Altamont NY
- Lunenburg Folk Festival, Lunenburg NS
- Extensive touring in Florida & the Mid-west
- McDibb's, Black Mountain, NC
- WCQF, Asheville NC
- Ramblin' Conrads, Norfolk VA
- Champlain Valley Festival, Fairfax, VT
- Muskeg Music, Hanover NH
- Morning Pro Musica with Robert J Lurtsema, WGBH, Boston MA
- The Grand, Ellsworth ME with Tom Paxton
- Gotta Get Gone Festival, Upstate NY
For further information, recordings, bookings or interviews write to:
(Please make a note of our new mailing address)
Anne Dodson, 7 Thomas Street, Camden Maine 04843
or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Places To Go!
Itinerary and Update